Nothing fancy. Try it and make it a habit.
- Find a comfortable chair. Keep your back and neck straight. Close your eyes
- Begin with 30 seconds of breathing… in and out… make the effort to breathe in hard enough so that if there is someone beside you, they will notice
- Feel the body relaxing and start the body scan from the top of your head
- Focus on your breathing and if your thoughts start to drift, bring your attention back to your breath
- You might experience moments of pleasure, restful alertness
- Try 5 minutes on the above first and increase a min for every session till you can comfortable sit for 20 minutes
- Recommendation is to practice twice – one after you wake up and second one after dinner